OUR GOAL IS TO BREAK DOWN BARRIERS
To push the boundaries of every person’s potential so there are no limitations. We strive to be innovative so that transformation is possible… and permanent. Whether it means helping someone who wants to work find meaningful employment or helping families find the resources they need for their family member with cerebral palsy, epilepsy, autism or other developmental disability. We are dedicated to ensuring all people have the opportunities they need.
Turning Abilities Into Opportunities
All people with developmental disabilities live the life they choose.
Dedicated to Inclusion
100% of individuals we serve have opportunities to experience full-inclusion.
- Everyone has opportunities to experience acceptance and a sense of belonging as a community member.
- People with and without developmental disabilities live, love, learn, work, and play side by side.
- People are supported for success.
- All people have opportunities for meaningful relationships and experiences.
- People recognize that full inclusion benefits everyone involved by bringing together different abilities and perspective to make a greater whole.
Ensuring all people
In 1978, the citizens of Greene County voted to levy a property tax to support services for people with developmental disabilities. The funds are administered by the Board of Directors of Abilities First through grant funding of local non-profit agencies and direct support services for:
- Early Intervention
- Residential Services
- Independent Living Assistance
The following agencies receive grant funding to support Greene County citizens with developmental disabilities.
- A Sporting Chance
- Art Inspired Academy
- Bear Power
- Champion Athletes
- Council of Churches of the Ozarks
- Developmental Center of the Ozarks
- DMH Partnership for Hope
- Inspired Boutique
- Nova Center of the Ozarks
- Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation
- Southwest Center for Independent Living
- Springfield Workshop Transit Company
- SWI Industrial Solutions
- The Arc of the Ozarks
- Vision Rehabilitation of the Ozarks